Monday, November 29, 2010

26 Months Old


Another month has gone by again...Daniel is 26 months old today! And he's apparently too cool and definitely too busy to oblige his mother's wishes for a picture next to Mickey! Check out that expression..."Puhleease, Mommy...get real!"

We've noticed that Daniel has gotten so much stronger in the last few weeks. He can totally pick toys and things that he used to drag around (wooden stools, his mini-sports center, and such) when he wanted them moved. Now he picks things up with little effort and moves them with ease- it's been neat to see this new little development in action. It just kind of happened without us really realizing it...we just kind of look at each other and say, didn't he used to need help carrying that?

Daniel's newest phrase lately is "That's silly!" or "silly Daniel/mommy/daddy". He says this quite often almost daily and it's pretty funny to hear him saying it. Although, it's hard not to laugh when we tell him it's bedtime and he says "that's silly"- because, well, it really is bedtime. I just love that he gets the humor and silliness in things we do and things he sees- laughter really just does everybody good and there's no shortage of that in this household!

I've mentioned Daniel's awesome language development before and I really can't stop being amazed at it. He continues to surprise us daily with new words and concepts. He says longer and longer words all the time, too- it's so cute to hear Daniel try to say these longer words, too. I love it. It's fun to be able to have actual conversations with him these days, complete with answers to your questions, and hellos, pleases, bye-byes, and so on.

Random notes:
Daniel LOVES I Spy books lately. He's really good at finding pictures, too.
We also get the sense that Daniel is mostly right-handed, though he does occasionally switch it up. Time will tell, of course, but I do believe we're heading toward right-handedness.


On an even more random note, we had our 20 week ultrasound today! Baby #2 looks GREAT and we were so excited to get a peek at the baby. Daniel even came with us and was such a super little boy during our appointment (Thanks to Grandma Cheryl for his special treat- Fruit Loops! He LOVES those and they make the perfect special treat just for times like this!) We talked about mommy's doctor appointment before we went- I told Daniel we'd see the baby and we talked about all the parts we'd see, the parts that he has, too- like the head, the arms, the legs, the hands and feet. We even saw the baby "chomping" a little bit, too- so cute. Daniel didn't really know what to make of the whole thing which I knew would be the case (still, it was nice to have our little family all together for the occasion!), but he was excited to get a treat out of it and I think he perked up a little when we said the baby was having a snack and chomping just like he was. Anyway, everything looks great and based on all measurements, Baby is looking more like an April 11th due date, instead of the 15th. Baby is also in a breach position at the moment- basically standing up- which explains why I feel kicks and movement down low, whereas with Daniel I always felt them more in the middle since he was sideways more. So, 20 weeks down, 20 more to go! Time sure flies...time to get cracking on Baby's room!

PS- Notice I said "Baby"...NO we didn't find out if it's a boy or girl for you curious ones out there!

No comments: