So it's a well-known fact in our house that Daniel LOVES shoes. Perhaps it's because we never let him have them because Ewww. Anyway, we always put shoes we've just taken off on the stairs, so he can't get them. Daniel must know this. After playing with his toys for a bit at 7:15AM this morning, he started his exploring around the house, going down the hall. So I went and sat on the stairs like I usually do to watch him explore. Then Daniel almost immediately came scooting toward the stairs, started pulling himself up on that first step (he's tried this before- but not very often and not with so much success), and then he shocked me by reaching up and putting his hands on the next step and starting to pull his left leg up to the next step! OH MY GOSH!!! I leaped up and supported him and he managed to pull himself up to that next step. And then he tried to stand up on that step and reached for the next step to do it again!!! The prize- my shoes! I let him get them. Then put him back down on the floor and moved the shoes up one step higher. He immediately started to try climbing AGAIN! I made Ben get the camera then! And, yes, Daniel got to the prize again, climbing even one more step higher. I cannot believe how he already figured out how to climb the stairs, obviously with lots of help, but really I wasn't pushing him up, just supporting him so he didn't fall and he actually never even wavered or wobbled- and this was first time going up the stairs. Yikes! Now after all that hard work, he's napping and I'm off to shower!
Have a good day everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment