Friday, July 2, 2010

Hawaii, Magic, and Music!

We continued our super busy week on Wednesday with many more on-the-go activities out & about!

It was Hawaii day at Wiggles & Giggles...and if I'd known, I'd have had Daniel wear his Hawaii outfit from Aunt Kathy and Uncle Bob. That would have been perfect. But the grass skirt was pretty hilarious on it's own anyway! Lately, Daniel loves pushing the dolls around in the stroller at Wiggles- I've looked into "dolls" at toy stores and they are just creepy; still looking for a nice boy-ish one...suggestions appreciated! Anyway, the story here is that Daniel was taking this doll to the "pon". He walked all over the gym saying "pon, pon, pon." I loved it! It is so much fun to see Daniel's imagination develop. Daniel is also very helpful with cleaning up- you can see him pushing the chair into the closet after class. I think he loves the chance to look around in the closet- so many toys and mostly, so many balls!




After we had lunch at Portillo's with some friends from our Wiggles class, Daniel and I headed to a new park to meet up with some other friends and check out the magic show our library hosted there. Daniel was mostly interested in the playground, though he did like sitting in the grass to eat a cookie and he liked the magic trick with the ball- that's pretty much the only trick he watched! I didn't expect anything different...we had a lot of fun on the playground and it was fun to see some of Mommy's friends there, too. Notice how surefooted Daniel is walking down the ramps. He LOVES the bridges at the parks, too, and walks across those without missing a beat. And he's getting so good at going up and down the stairs while holding onto the railing by himself. That's my big boy!





Wednesday night after dinner, we headed to the village center to catch the concert-on-the-hill they host there every week. We took our blanket and some cookies for a snack (Daniel now associates sitting on the grass with eating cookies- every time we go to a park now, he sits on the grass and says "cookie"- silly boy!! He learns too fast for us!) and enjoyed the music. It was Daniel's lucky night, too- they gave away inflatable patriotic balls! So much fun- for Daniel, not so much for us because if you recall- we were at a concert...on a HILL... you get the picture. I'm actually kidding, the ball didn't get away from us too much and we had a really nice grandpa-type guy next to us who'd catch the ball and play with Daniel, too. Daniel, of course, loved his attention! It was kind of funny, and a little scary, to watch Daniel wobble and roll around on the hill, too, trying to walk up and down and get his ball. Again, he really didn't get too far and I think he loved the challenge, actually! He especially loved Daddy's tickling whenever he rolled on the blanket- I love to hear him laugh like that. Before we headed home, we stopped for a mini-train ride and a high-five from our local pool's Pelican mascot.








Whew...what a busy Wednesday!

No comments: