Lately, Daniel is very into doing puzzles around here! Last week, when I took him to the library, he wanted to do the puzzles that they have there. He kept asking to do the fire truck puzzle (pictured above) over and over and over again...I finally told him we could just check it out and bring it home. He was thrilled! (I didn't think I'd get him to leave the library otherwise!) And that puzzle has been a HUGE hit here since then and Daniel can put it together no problem all on his own. I also got out some other puzzles with big pieces from a set that I bought a while back and he loves those puzzles, too.
Grandma Cheryl gave Daniel a 24 piece oval-shaped Disney puzzle for Valentine's Day- at the time, it was a little challenging, but still doable for Daniel with lots of help from us, because he could put each character together and it was highly interesting and motivating for him. NOW, Daniel can do that puzzle all on his own very well. It's been so neat to watch him thinking and learning how to do the puzzles. We spend a great majority of our day doing puzzles now! I'm loving it!
On another sort of "puzzle" note, Daniel LOVES his Duplo (Legos for toddlers) blocks, too. He got a lot of expansion sets of Duplos for Christmas and they've all been a big hit since then, too. A few weeks back, I bought a big "block plate" for us to put the blocks on so they stay in place better. We've sure gotten a lot of use out of this place. Daniel loves to just build towers mostly, but he also loves to just put blocks all over the whole plate and he's really good at figuring out what block he needs to fill certain spaces- that's my master puzzler! I'm amazed at how quickly he figured out that certain pieces are too big or too small for various spaces. It's just so much fun to watch him hard at work while playing! We spend a lot of our day playing with these blocks, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment