Thursday, March 10, 2011

Our New Library

The new library in our town opened this week and today Daniel and I went to check it out. What an improvement over the old library! Daniel was such a big boy walking all the way in with me and he stayed with me the whole time as we looked at books and DVDs and walked all around- I was super proud of how well he behaved. And he was SO excited to be looking at all the videos and books. He was very excited about all the Curious George videos and the truck and train videos he saw- want that one, want that one, want that one...but he was super good about only picking a couple. He's always been so good about being patient and understanding that sometimes I will put things on the list for next time. He's already talking about next time, too!

After looking for a couple videos to borrow, we went and found some books to read. We sat and read a few books together. And then of course we checked out a bunch of books to take home- Daniel even picked a couple of the books out all on his own (I picked out a few that he'd enjoy, too). It was so neat that he could do this...they're truck books of course! He held on to his books as tight as could be when we walked to the car, too. It was a delightful way to spend an hour! I hope we have many more trips to the library in our future now that he's really into books, and can request certain books, and can really understand about looking and borrowing and getting more next time and all. He sure spent the rest of the day talking about his "libary books"!

Here are a few pictures of Daniel enjoying the library and his borrowed books!

Daniel sits and reads a book at the library.


Daniel checks out the big pile of dirt outside the window.
(They still have to tear down the old building and add more parking spaces, hence the dirt pile)


Found: a HUGE nap motivator!
Daniel was very excited to read his library books before his nap today!
(Oh and he slept for THREE hours, too! WOW! I say we go to the library every day!)

No comments: