![]() |
| Adventures in Baby Sitting |
It's been a week now since Daniel first sat up...and he's sitting SO well now! It didn't take long and he got stronger each time. He can look up while sitting now, even turns his head, plays with toys and reaches for different toys. Daniel can sit for quite a while now, too. I'm still fairly close, and he does fall back or flop forward occasionally if I don't catch him in time and he survives though he doesn't like it much. His new thing (and I LOVE this!) is that when he's done with sitting and playing, he kind of reaches for me or flops in my lap. He just sort of turns toward me with his arms out...it's so sweet. Of course I pick him up and hug him and snuggle!
So he'd much rather sit now, though he still has time on back and tummy and rolling over and all. I've been getting out a few "sitting up" toys lately, too. Notice the bucket (it's a shape sorter- we're not quite doing that yet, but he loves the bucket) and the piano. It's been fun to watch Daniel get stronger each day and play with some new toys, too.
Another first for Daniel...today he rotated his body while on his tummy! He turns very well while on his back all the time and can even roll with a curve (though not yet with much of a purpose or actual goal), but today was the first time I'd seen him turn while on his belly. He actually went a full 180 by the time he was done and decided to roll over. It was such fun to see! I can just see the crawling...
Oh...and a tooth may be on the way. As first time parents, we have no idea what we're looking for BUT there is a small white spot on his lower gum. Hmm...could it be?? We kind of like his gummy smile, so we're okay with no teeth and in no hurry...but I know the first couple teeth will be just as cute! I'll keep you posted!
Daniel also went "exercising" with Mommy today. We started our "Salsa Babies" class. It was fun. It's exercise with a salsa/latin beat and similar steps to salsa dancing (which I'm familiar with because of doing Ballroom Dancing lessons with Ben for years). Anyway, he LOVED it. He was very chatty and excited and really kicking his legs. I've always said he likes music and he enjoys the baby bjorn and all the movement we do. 'Course he could have been chatty because he was in a class with all girl babies! Lucky guy!
Well, enjoy the pictures of my little guy sitting up!



No comments:
Post a Comment