We're getting there! Daniel's really getting stronger and better at sitting up on his own- really just the last two days. He's still very wobbly and can really mostly sit up if there's a toy there for him to lean on or play with. Of course I'm RIGHT THERE for now... Ben took this picture today while I was "spotting" Daniel. (I'm just off the edge of the picture- barely an inch away!) Daniel also still has to really focus on what he's doing to balance himself, so the toy helps with that too. He lasts about 5 seconds, then needs spotting and then can keep going. Ben called out to Daniel to get him to look at the camera while he was sitting up and Daniel fell over when he looked up (well, I caught him)- he's not that strong and good at it yet! Anyway, I'm the proud mama...just a week ago I was worried that he wasn't sitting this well just yet and here we are. It's such fun to see him making progress and getting stronger!
He sure has the wiggles lately and I just know he wants to be more independent with sitting and actually doing things and going places and he wants to be a part of everything- I keep saying it will be a long couple months till he can crawl because he's certainly raring to go. I'm sure he's going through so much, too, and trying to process it all...don't you just wonder what he's thinking?!
Thank You Grandma Cheryl for Ella the Elephant (the toy Daniel's playing with in the picture)! He sure likes it! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment