Monday, June 15, 2009

Lil' Scooter


Check out Daniel's scooting in this video! It seems like all of a sudden Daniel just really started scooting- even since I last posted just a couple days ago. I told you he was really workin' it and gosh, yesterday he was taking off all day. He's not as frustrated as he was before and he certainly has a goal in mind and goes for it! Even if it's several scoots away! Go, Daniel! It's such fun to just sit and watch him play. And I love how he looks around and then chooses a toy to go play with- it's just so simple and fun.

Also, at the very beginning of the video, I just barely caught Daniel's head-shaking, so you can kind of see that too. You'll see Daniel scooting to get a toy, and yes, his space was limited and the toy wasn't actually that far away, so it's not the best in terms of really seeing him "go" but you get the idea and it's still SO cute! I'll keep trying!





And get this...tonight just before bedtime, Daniel was playing on the floor and suddenly pulled up his knees. He did it a few times. He didn't do anything else or move that way- just pulled them up and then he just stretched them back out so he was back to being flat on his belly. I'd only seen him do this in his crib- I'm guessing because the mattress is more pliable than the floor. And actually that's how I first noticed the scooting too- in the crib, and then he did it on the floor. He's onto something here. Soon we'll have to take the crib bumper pads out too since he's starting to pull on those. Clever guy! Next thing we know he'll really be crawling!

No comments: