Saturday, June 12, 2010

Lazy Days at Home

After our super busy weekend, we spent this week hanging out at home and enjoying the warm weather. Daniel loves to be in our front yard the most- he can see more planes there, his cars all drive better there, he can watch cars drive by, dance to the ice cream truck's music, and of course there's the garage to explore and drag "toys" out of. He loves to fill the buckets and his trucks with the mulch and then dump them.

We've also taken several walks to the "pon" nearby- Daniel talks about the pond all the time and loves to go there. We let him walk the rest of the way home the other day, which took an extra half hour of course, but he was a good little walker all the way to our house (which I think he recognizes now- since he points to it and says no to other houses when I ask if it's ours) and he had so much fun, you could just see the delight in his face at being able to walk home.

On Thursday, I scored a Daniel-sized basketball hoop at a garage sale down the street and that's been a huge hit. Daniel loves it and probably scored 100 baskets that day alone! So what if he's using a "foop" ball, he's having a blast! That was also the day he figured out how to roll on the footstool and launch himself up over it- good thing the toy box and soft ball were there to stop him!

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves- Enjoy these snippets of our week! Except, I do have to say- I think the first picture is one of my new faves. There's just something about it- Daniel wiping his dirty hands on his shirt, the cute hat, his adorable profile, and the way his eyes are hiding and making me wonder what he's thinking in this moment. There's just something about it...













No comments: