Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Basement Fun

Here are some pictures of Daniel's latest adventures in the basement. I've mentioned before how much he loves going to the basement and yesterday I managed to remember to take the camera down with us. We're down there at least two or three times a day. And invariably he asks to go down a whole lot more than that, it's just that I get cold down there! I'm always in my sweater, my robe, socks, and slippers and I'm still chilly. He on the other hand always seems to be just fine. Daniel's always been a warm baby- he gets that from his Dad, not me. We've spent more time in the basement the past couple days since Daniel's been fighting a fever and I figured the nice cool basement would feel good to him. (I'm happy to say Daniel's fever is now gone!) Plus, when Daniel doesn't feel well, we try to do things he likes or activities that are new or different to entertain him while he's feeling fussy and super-clingy- it seems to help him and it helps our sanity!


Boxes, boxes, boxes- Daniel loves boxes!


Daniel likes Daddy's tools-

This is just the plastic end of an interchangeable screwdriver, but he's happy!


Daniel discovered my big Clifford stuffed animal...
He even gave him kisses! Awww...



Buckets are fun, too!


Remember this?! I sure do...
Daniel loves the music on his bouncer.

(Well, it's his, but he doesn't use it anymore of course!)


Here's that broom Daniel enjoys walking around with!


Daniel likes to find the packaging popcorn in boxes...
I taught him to throw it away...
This entertains him for quite some time!


Now what did Daniel find?! That's a plastic sword and a very long foamy sheet that is also fun to walk around with.

So there you have it- a few highlights from our basement adventures! Cute story about Daddy's tools- we were using a tape measure to measure out where we wanted to hang a few pictures on the wall the other day, and that's a tool that we do actually give Daniel from time to time and he loves it- and this time, Daniel started putting it on the wall, just like mommy and daddy! Well, he was actually banging it, which we didn't like too much and promptly stopped, but I thought it was cute that he was imitating us!

I also feel obligated to acknowledge that no the basement is not very baby-proofed (as you might be able to tell in the pictures) because that's what basements are for- a place to put stuff and that stuff is often stuff we don't want babies to get!, BUT having said that, we're always right there with him, and actually we've done a fair amount of moving things to higher shelves that Daniel can't reach...and really, Daniel is so good about listening when we say no- for the most part. We just have a lot of fun down there- there's so much to explore! It's nice to have a place that has so much to see and do.

One more cute story- Daniel kisses his stuffed animals now. Mostly when we suggest it, but I still think it's super cute!

We're also doing great with the "more" sign- Daniel does it quite often while eating, or when he wants to have a snack (indicating that he would indeed like more food), and he even makes the sign when he wants more music- of course my little guy would do that!

No comments: