Friday, September 10, 2010

Big Brother Daniel!


We are super excited to share our BIG news...we're expecting baby #2! Daniel's going to be a BIG brother and I know he'll be an awesome one!

Daniel got to wear his new shirt (yes, I made it! Check it out in the picture above!) to announce the news to family for us. It was quite a hit and the reactions were all instantaneous! This past week has been a fun one for us as we are finally telling everybody. It is still pretty early in the pregnancy since I'm only 9 weeks along today, but we just couldn't wait any longer to tell people. And not that I'm making excuses here, except that I really am, I'd have to say that my pregnancy is the biggest reason for delays and slowdowns in my blogging here. I have a million things I want to blog because Daniel is just doing awesome lately and we have been having so much fun...but I've been pretty nauseous and very tired, just like I was in my first pregnancy with Daniel (so much for this pregnancy being different!). So mostly, when Daniel naps, I nap, and when nighttime hits and he's in bed, I'm crashing on the couch...and there goes the time I use to blog! Man, time flies! Anyway, we're due on April 15, 2011- tax day. An easy day to remember! And like Ben's cousin Mike said, at least now we a have a positive reason to look forward to that day, not just a deadline to dread! I'll be sure keep you posted on how things go from here on out.

So we're very excited. And a little (ok, maybe a lot) nervous. I took a home pregnancy test exactly 2 1/2 years to the date after we found out we were pregnant with Daniel- I liked that little bit of coincidence. We went for our first ultrasound last Friday and saw our new little bean for the first time and that made it all the more real, of course. How do people do it with 2 kids? I know people do it all the time and I also know we'll totally figure it out, but still, it makes us wonder and it makes us nervous.

I also have an overwhelming sense of soaking in all my time with Daniel as an only child now. I find myself trying harder to remember these moments and enjoy them all the more (not that I ever didn't of course, but just that I'm squeezing harder or something). Daniel is just an awesome little boy and I'm sure he'll be an awesome big brother, but things do change when siblings arrive and I'm nervous about that and how it'll be for Daniel, too, since he is so wonderful. I want to keep all that wonderfulness- so there I go trying super hard to be in the moment even more, and especially, in spite of all the nausea and exhaustion that threatens to interfere with my time with Daniel. I'm already feeling left out of Daniel and Daddy moments when I just need to crash...I'm all too aware of the fact that sometimes I'm just not all there when I don't feel well and I hate that (again with the soaking in the moments when I am feeling well). But, I also know I need to take care of myself and the little bean, and let myself crash when I can and give myself a break. And then, I'm all the more ready for some fun and games with my energetic little boy! And boy we've really had some fun in the last couple weeks...more on that soon! Daniel sure isn't fazed by any of this...yet! This will all be an interesting adventure...one that we're really excited to take on.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Great photo with the wonderful news! I'm glad I met number one before number two comes along.