Here are some really random, but fun, pictures of Daniel from the past few weeks. We have a big box in the basement that Daniel loves to play in. He can just barely stand up in it, and I can just barely fit to sit in it, but we do have tons of fun in that box. Daniel especially loves to hide in it. He will go in and say, "where baby?" and of course you must try really hard to find him to no avail, at which point he will pop out and shout "here!". And if you knock on the box and say "who's there?" Daniel will undoubtedly shout "pop-pop" for grandpa. If you ding dong he will shout "titi" for Christina. All I can think is perhaps each of these people really does come to our door differently...so therefore Daniel has different ways of saying who it is. Not sure on this one- still, it's pretty cute. And I love how you can see the tips of his fingers when he closes the box- so cute.
Daniel also has his very own remote control car- his first one! He really enjoys playing with it and is getting better and better at making it go, particularly in certain directions. It's very much a "my first remote control car" meaning it has one button and when you press it different times, it alternates between turning (one direction only) or going straight- not the most sophisticated toy, but still we have fun with it. I just think the picture of Daniel playing with it above is so precious. You can really see his delight!
And then there's his delight at catching the balloon! (that's what the string is!)
Daniel also got some new foam blocks a while back and while he mostly loves to dump them out of the bucket, he is getting really good at stacking them in the past two weeks. He loves to make towers and then knock them down of course. We also make "parks" for Elmo and Big Bird to jump on.
Last week for garbage day, Daniel got his stool out and had it on the sidewalk ready for when the truck came by. While we played in the back yard, he kept hearing the trucks and he'd go up front to check if they were coming down our street, and when they finally did, he ran right to the sidewalk and sat down to watch! Talk about planning ahead- getting the stool out and ready for them! I was amazed. And SO glad Ben captured the moment for us! It really was too cute.
Other Awesome Tidbits...
I'm officially "Mommy"!!! Daniel calls me momma most of the time still, but now and then, I'm mommy and I LOVE it!
Another big deal around here the past two weeks, is that Daniel is very aware that Daddy has to work. He will say "dada work" and he rarely goes to Ben's office now. Daniel will even basically shoo Daddy away every time he comes out for a drink, or lunch, or to use the washroom- Daniel just says "dada work" as if to tell Daddy he must go work, he can't play. (And really, this is Daniel's understanding of what Daddy has to do during the day- it's great!) This is great for Ben, so he can get lots of work done. But I do also think Ben misses the days when Daniel would knock so cutely on his door! I just think it's a great sign of Daniel growing up and understanding more. I'm so proud of Daniel.
Lately, Daniel also talks a lot about what he's doing, mostly in third-person form, using "baby" of course, not his name. (We still can't get him to say Daniel- he just points to himself and says baby! We'll get there someday!!) He will tell us what's he's doing, or that he's done eating, etc. Daniel says: "Baby sit", "Baby read", "Baby done", and so on. "Baby" is basically his way of saying "I". It's a good step toward using "I" which I know is basically meaningless to toddlers. I love how his language is developing so rapidly, and yet in such clear stages of development. And Daniel still says words all the time that I didn't know he even knew!
Daniel also picks up on friends' names really quickly. He will attempt to say just about any other friend's name- just not his own. I swear- we need a friend named Daniel! Anyway, I think it's great that he can say his friends' names.
Another really cool trick Daniel can do lately (though it can vary; I can't promise 100% accuracy yet- but it's pretty darn close!)- he will tell you that the letter B is for "braan" (Brian) and P is for "pop-pop" (grandpa) when you show him these letters. Now, so far he only does this with those interlocking foam block punch-out letters that we have (you know those giant foam floor puzzles- we have a mini version with letters that come out). Sometimes Daniel gets G for "gra-ra" (grandma) and C for "titi" (Christina- I know his version of her name begins with a t, but her name is Christina and that begins with a C, so that's what we're using- I'm a teacher and also very literal!), but he gets the C and G mixed up because they look similar. He will also tell you the 9 is for pop-pop, because again, it's similar to a P- but hey, that's really good noticing! Anyway, while Daniel doesn't name the letters just yet (I try), I think this is a good step for him to begin recognizing the different shapes of the letters. And this is about as interested as he gets. We try to practice now and then when we play with the blocks. I've just gotta come up with good words/names for the other letters- ones that he knows well! Step by step...we'll get there! But for now, I think it's pretty cool that Daniel can do this!
As for the park- oh my goodness, has my little boy gone and grown up on me! He goes up and down all the steps all on his own. Down the slides all on his own- always sitting so carefully first. Even the tunnel slides don't scare him! He says hi to the kids at the park- he's so friendly. And he can even climb those bars that are curved up toward a platform. When did he learn to do all this? I'm just so excited for him- he's so confident and independent. It's awesome! My favorite part is "momma catch"- when he asks me to catch him at the bottom of the slide, because at least that's something I can still do for my boy!
Well, there you have it! Now you're all caught up on all of Daniel's latest very random adventures and tricks from the last few weeks. I do still have some adorable pool pictures to post...coming up next!
No comments:
Post a Comment