Could it be that Spring is here? Well, if the past two days are any indication, it might well be that Spring is certainly near (just ignore this coming Sunday's forecast for snow showers!). Daniel and I have really been enjoying being outside- and we've been out a LOT of hours already!
And wouldn't you know it...my little boy is completely made of "frogs and snails, and puppy dog tails." Lucky me! (Remember, I was the kindergarten teacher who gave the kids play-doh and said "here, you play with it" while taking care not to touch it myself!) Well, Daniel eats dirt, grass, rocks, and just about anything he can find outside! Yuck! And he doesn't care if he gets dirty either. He's out there running and crawling around, digging in the dirt, playing with the rocks and grass, and having so much fun exploring our yard. Note to self: must learn how to get dirt out of pants! And while I'm not a messy person at all- I find myself totally forgetting this and embracing every bit of dirt and rock Daniel gives to me. I'm taking it all in stride...guess I might learn to get messy after all! It's amazing what you'll do when you become a mommy.
Enjoy the pictures of Daniel's backyard adventures! You can see him helping to sweep the deck, pushing his lawnmower, running away from me, playing with his buckets, playing with his soccer ball (I was trying to get him to kick it, too- but for him that meant trying to stand on it!), digging in the dirt, throwing the frisbee, and just being his cute, curious, fun, adventurous self. Note his dirty face in the one picture!
Oh, and here's a video of Daniel walking around, talking (he even says "ga-ga" which is how he says ball), and playing with his soccer ball.
Happy St. Patrick's Day, too! Notice Daniel had green on his shirt for the occasion and even the frisbee was green! We ate green foods today, too- green jello, avocado, zucchini bread, meatloaf with green peppers in it...what a fun day we had with great weather, too!



No comments:
Post a Comment