Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sweet Moments With My Two Year Old

Did I say Daniel is TWO? We must have meant to say he was three. Daniel is really starting to ACT like a two year old- it's been a trying week, and if this is what being two is like, boy we're in for it because I know it's just starting. But as much as there are challenges with a two year old, there sure are so many special moments...and that's what I'm holding onto. No pictures here...because it's all in my head where it should be, and I can look at them anytime Daniel is showing off his "two-ness."

Special moments of the week I'd like to always remember:

The way Daniel snuggles up to me as close as can be to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or look at his pictures on the computer. I love to put my arm around him and enjoy the warmth of our closeness.

The other night when we put Daniel in bed, he suddenly decided he wanted "one bear" (which is how he says another bear or the other bear, as in "the other one"). So, I told him to wait while I went and hopefully found the bear he was talking about and he sat up so nice in his crib, his legs extended out in front of him and hands in his lap, and said "baby wait." Something about the way he sat was just so sweet and struck me so my heart melted. I found the bear (boy, does he have a zoo in his bed- two bears, two monkeys, a lion, three small hippos, a small Mickey Mouse, and I'm sure that's not all!), gave it to Daniel, and he laid down, sucking his thumb and snuggling up to this bear and his lion. Like I said, it was such a sweet moment.

I've saved the best moment of the week for last...
We put up some blinking Halloween lights in the basement and Daniel LOVES them. Yesterday, in the middle of a busy playdate with three other friends and their moms in our basement, Daniel pushed his baby doll in the shopping cart right up under the lights, held the baby up by the neck close to his cheek and said, "baby look" as he showed the baby the lights. My. Heart. Melted. I wanted to cry- really.

So, while Daniel may definitely have his two-year-old moments, he is also still my sweet, wonderful little boy whom I love with all my heart. These are the moments we live for. And I know there will be many more!

No comments: