It's official. I'm now a SAHM- stay at home mom. I feel like I'm placing a personal ad, but that's the short version of my wonderful new job! (that's how the moms in my magazines and websites describe who they are- SAHM) I went to school today to let my wonderful, very understanding principal know that I'm not returning to school next year. Perhaps she can call me in five years! I still have to let the district office know and of course pack almost 9 years worth of materials in my classroom. Daniel got to crawl around the room today while I surveyed the task ahead of me. Oh and he got to listen to my "colors" CD- you should have seen his smile! I think I'll be setting that CD aside for him to listen to at home! Anyhow, I'll miss teaching, but I would not miss being home with Daniel for the world. And actually, I found myself getting to know a new friend recently and I told her I "was" a teacher- that's pretty telling already.
I enjoy EVERY minute of EVERY day (like the cute moment captured below!) and am so lucky to be able to be home with Daniel!
Check out the cute butt! Yes, Daniel actually slept this way (and yes he was breathing). Knees tucked under, feet crossed, butt up, arm curled around his lion and hanging onto the bumper. So adorable. A moment in time not to be missed...
No comments:
Post a Comment