Thursday, January 6, 2011

A VERY Busy Day...At Home!

Today Daniel and I had a very busy day...at home! I loved every minute of it- he was just such a busy little boy and it was such fun to watch him and play with him. I decided it must have been "play with every toy" day, because Daniel played with a little of everything at some point today. And it wasn't like he was super distracted or anything, because he actually played with every toy very well and for quite some time. It was more that he was walking around and rediscovering old toys again and yet still quite excitedly playing with his new toys, too. Here are some pictures that represent just a very small sampling of all our busy-ness!

Daniel trick-or-treated...


He "liver"-ed packages (he told me he was the mailman)...


He played with his ice-cream shop...


He played with his mini-kitchen stove-top set...


Daniel modeled his new "oven mitten" and chef's hat...
doesn't he look too cute?!



He had fun with his reflection (something he's been doing again a lot lately!),
while sitting in a box...


He had "drawing time"...
(yes, he actually declares it drawing time, much like he
declares food time, or treat time, or play time,
but somehow never nap or bed time!)



And after all that playing time (and believe me when I tell you that wasn't all we played with...we played with blocks, his new train set, puzzles, his tent, his new kitty piano, his new Matchbox car garage, and we read lots of books, and you get the picture I think)...

He helped me prepare dinner by putting chopped ingredients in the bowl, while sampling the carrots and green peppers as he did this.


He was insistent on trying "lemmy" (lemon) juice. Yes, I made the mistake of actually naming it lemon juice (the word "juice" was the clincher) when he helped me measure it. I tried explaining that it wasn't really "juice"...but, well, he still wanted it, we figured what the heck and so he got a very tiny bit of it. I'm thinking based on his reaction that he won't ask for that again!


And finally, Daniel ended his super busy day with a yummy Santa "socker" (sucker).


Looking forward to what tomorrow will bring! Daniel is so much fun!! I'm back to squeezing every minute and pressing my precious one-on-one time with Daniel hard into my memories (like I did when I first found out I was pregnant)...because in 99 days (or really, most likely even LESS) life is really going to change. Things won't be the same and there'll be challenges, I know, but can this part pretty please stay just as much fun?!

No comments: