Today, Daniel is 28 months old and I'm 28 weeks into my pregnancy. Pretty neat! Now we're both on to 29...
The neatest thing we've noticed this month with Daniel has been how much he likes to point out things that are alike. He's always saying "like Daniel's" or "like Mommy's" or "like red" when he sees something that is similar to something he has, or something I have, or even if two things are just the same color. Daniel is very observant and loves to find similarities and talk about everything he sees.
Daniel is still quite the chatterbox. Everybody is always saying how much he talks! He really talks nonstop from the moment he wakes up until the moment he falls asleep. I love every minute of it!
We're also starting to hear more "I" statements from Daniel. He started with talking about what his trucks are doing, "I go up", "I go dump", etc. A couple weeks ago, we got out a new truck DVD that we gave Daniel for his birthday and he LOVES this DVD! It's all real film of real trucks doing their jobs- fire trucks, garbage trucks, and city cleaning trucks. The trucks "talk" about what they are doing- which is how Daniel is really beginning to pick up the "I" statements. And now, we're starting to notice that he is using "I" to talk about himself and things he is doing, too. I've said it before- it's just so neat to observe the progression of his language development, and as always, he's progressing so quickly!
We talk about Baby Sister a lot these days, too. Daniel knows she's getting "bigger bigger". He points out her bedroom across the hall from his- "sister room". Baby's room was my office, so we've been working on packing it up and moving things in and out of there to get it ready for baby's arrival. We have some of the furniture and decor for the room already, so we're moving ahead little by little. Can't wait until it's all ready!
I had my 28 week appointment the other day- Daniel talked all week about how I went to see "baby doctor". Baby #2 is doing great, I'm feeling great. Feeling Big, but great! Baby's head is down, which was good news since she was still head up last time. Time is just flying by! I feel like this is the fastest winter I've known in a long time...and I know I'm the only one saying this, too, but I think when you count the weeks like you do when you're pregnant and you have appointments every so often, time just flies. In the meantime, I'm just chillin', enjoying baby's kicks & wiggles (it's the most awesome feeling! to me anyway...), having fun planning the nursery, having fun buying a few girly clothes, and mostly enjoying every minute of my time with Daniel.


No comments:
Post a Comment