Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Flay-Doh" and Other Random Fun!

Just a few random bits of fun around our house from the past week!

Daniel and I finally opened the little tubs of play-doh that he got from Santa. He's been having fun with just the tubs until now- stacking them, naming the colors, and such, but the other day, I thought it'd be fun to see what he thought of the stuff now that's he's a little braver about touching messy things. And he sure loves the stuff. We're having lots of fun. He calls it "flay-doh"- not sure why, but it's cute. Daniel mostly likes to pull the pieces off and smash them. He also makes pancakes and snowmen.

Love his concentration!


Two-handed smash! I think this is so cute!


The other day, Daniel found Ben's MP3 player in the office and grabbed it for himself of course. He didn't even know what it was- just that it was Daddy's and it looked cool. I told him that it was for listening to music and that the little things were for his ears...Ben decided to help him check it out. While I'm not a huge fan of the whole "plugged-in-ness" all the kids (and adults!) seem to display these days, I did think it was cute to see Daniel's reaction when he was listening to Ben's MP3 player.

Daniel checks out how the MP3 player works.


Daniel laughs along to "Car Talk"- a radio show Ben often listens to.
When they laughed, Daniel would go "ha, ha", too! So cute!


Daniel loves to pet Jack...thankfully, Jack lets him!


Do you see Daniel?
He's hiding in his cave!


Daniel loves to help with the laundry.
Here he's dragging his laundry basket to the laundry room.


Who said exersaucers were just for babies?!
Daniel still plays with his from time to time.

He was quite delighted with himself the other day for figuring out that he could get onto the couch and reach the on/off switch!


Cute words of the week:
Play doh: flay doh (heard when he asks to play with play-doh)
CD: CD-D-D (heard in the car)
Museum: Muzim-zim-zim (heard when he talks about how we went to the museum a couple weeks ago- he talks about this a lot!)

No comments: