Yesterday, we headed back to class again and Daniel was very excited to see Miss Connie and his friend, Delilah.
Daniel and his friend, Delilah, all bundled up, ready for our nature hike!
Don't they look SO cute?!
Don't they look SO cute?!
Daniel collects colored ice cubes that Miss Connie hid in the snow outside.
Daniel loves throwing the snow!
My brave little guy plays with "oobleck".
I will barely touch the stuff (certainly never did as a teacher- and we made this stuff for Dr. Seuss week every year!), though I did for Daniel because that's just the sort of mom I am (remember, I'm into dirt now, too! and play-doh!)...this stuff is solid and liquid at the same time. Weird stuff. Google it!
The kids had a ball "ice-skating" on wax paper!
You can see in this picture that Daniel did the splits (which he does all the time at home) and he was really surprised to see how fast it happened. He just loved sliding all over the place. We just might have to try this at home since he had so much fun...but I suppose that could be opening a can of worms!
Daniel also had his first experience with scissors yesterday in class. I have to say that was really interesting. I'd actually just been thinking recently that perhaps we ought to give scissors a try, someday...he's a little young, but still, you've gotta start somewhere. Anyway, he got the idea of the thumb in the one hole right away, but his other fingers would not stay together for the other hole- it was too funny to try. So then, he mostly just wanted to put both of his index fingers in each hole- I couldn't get him away from this. We'll definitely need more practice... someday... later. Still, it was a fun experience for him and he was VERY interested in trying it out and in doing it by himself!


No comments:
Post a Comment