Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blizzard of 2011!!!

It's a good thing Daniel likes snow because we have a LOT of it now thanks to last night's blizzard!!! Weather.com apparently says it totaled 14 inches...but with all the high winds we had, it looks like a lot more! I think it's pretty neat to see the way the snow is piled here and there and all the layers, curves, and hills- the low spots and the high spots all mixed up. It looks insane out there. And OF COURSE we had to go outside and enjoy the piles and piles of snow! 30 weeks pregnant or not, we were not going to miss our chance to see what the Blizzard left for us out there!

It was very cold when we were out this morning and still pretty windy at times, but rosy cheeks and frozen hands aside, we had a LOT of fun. And Daniel did NOT want to come back in after we'd been out for quite a while- almost 45 minutes I think. He actually walked away and went deeper into the yard when we told him it was time to go in. It was pretty funny actually- because this kid does not let a foot of snow stop him! I got some great shots of him literally crawling away, too! Silly boy! Perhaps we'll go back out later. The bummer is that unlike many dads I know, Ben has tons of work to do today- no snow day for him! A downside to working from home- you can still get to work. Ben is doing the shoveling in shifts (he did some this morning and he's back out now), we'll see how long it takes all together. Good thing nobody has to go anywhere for the next couple days!

Hope you enjoy our Blizzard 2011 pictures!


Daniel checks out the huge pile of snow on our deck.


Digging away!
I love how you can see the sun trying to shine!


We thought it was cute how Daniel would skim the top layer of the snow while he shoveled!



Daniel and Daddy hard at work. I love the huge pile Daniel has in his shovel. 'Course he can't pick it up and if he does, it falls right off. But he just keeps on going!


You can see how the snow is almost up to Daniel's shoulder in some places!


Here you can get a really good sense of how much snow there is out there!!




This is our front yard...and check out our neighbor's house-
the snow is higher than our fence and halfway up their house practically!



My adorable little guy sitting in the snow!


Daniel eventually started shoveling the yard, too...


And then he decided it would be fun to dump it on top of the plants, too!


One of my favorite pictures!


Daniel crawls away (above) and then proceeds to get up and continue to walk away (below) when we said it was time to go in. I didn't exactly help the matter because of course I was laughing and taking pictures. And besides, if Daniel hadn't done that, we wouldn't have seen our shed...



Our shed actually blew over and about 5-6 feet away!
It's supposed to be on this side of that chimney cap.


My boys!


Our deck and backyard- another great shot of all the snow that's out there!

Now for some video fun...

Pop Pop Gary is stuck in Vermont now. I told Daniel that there was so much snow that Pop Pop Gary got stuck in Vermont and he can't fly home...well, Daniel has been talking about Pop Pop being stuck in "Mont" all day and how Pop Pop has to dig. Daniel talked about it several times when we were outside and he was shoveling- I really think he thought he was helping Pop Pop to get unstuck! So cute! You can hear him talking about Pop Pop in this video as he goes about his work.



This is a longer video, but it's cute because in the end Daniel ends up scooping the snow with his hands! I love it.



I think this next one is my favorite video- because at one point, Daniel decided to just lean on the snow and take a break! So cute!

No comments: