Monday, February 21, 2011

A Story for You: Daniel's Nap

Today we had our 32 week check up at the doctor (everything is great!) and we made a family outing of it, the three of us going out to lunch and then to the doctor. We were gone for just a few hours all together, and Daniel was practically falling asleep in the car on the way home and I was doing my best to keep him awake by chatting, pointing things out, and saying silly things, all while I could see that he could barely keep his eyes open. It was kind of funny and I felt bad, but hey, we were minutes from home at that point anyway and if he sleeps in the car, he'll never go back down for a nap at home...

Funny thing is, once we got home, we did our usual reading time before nap for about 20 minutes or so and I could tell he was tired, but then when I left the room, Daniel proceeded to chat happily and noisily for AN HOUR!! He never fussed and never asked to get out or anything, but he did not stop talking for a second of that hour, and he kept his music going the whole time (it goes for about 20 minutes and then you have to push the button again). I love baby monitors- It was so funny to listen to him! Finally, just when I thought he'd never nap and I should go get him...silence. It was now 4:30! We let him sleep until dinner was ready at 6:00 and when I went to get him, this is how I found him! Too cute! He loved the hood on his shirt today and kept putting it on all day and thinking it was so funny. He must have put it on again while he was playing and chatting away and fell asleep that way- I got such a kick out of this! And I love his butt-up, knees-tucked-under position, too!

No comments: