And SO, without further ado...we're delighted to be welcoming our baby girl in less than 12 hours from the time I write this. During our latest appointment yesterday (Tuesday), we decided that we were ready, we didn't see a reason to delay any further, baby girl is apparently quite cozy and content and not going anywhere, and unless we wanted to start being more closely and frequently monitored (which they do when you go past due date- our due date being Friday, April 15th) to still attempt a trial of labor...she's ready, we're ready- so let's meet our little girl now and get this show on the road! So we scheduled a c-section for tomorrow morning- Thursday, April 14th. Yes, I should be in bed now since I have to get up SUPER early, but I wanted to write about my delightful day soaking in the minutes with my little guy, just the two of us.
Somehow I thought having it all scheduled would make things a little easier...it turns out, not so much. We've been ready, packed and all, you'd think there wasn't much left to do or think of... I suppose it's just nerves, and for me, I think it's knowing that tomorrow is THE day and having all day to think about it, as opposed to it still being any day now and not having any time to think about it on the spur of the moment. All that and the hormones...
In spite of the hormones bringing on big rolling tears of happiness and nervousness (I didn't know tear drops could be SO big!), I found so many ways to just smile and relax today. My son warms my heart and brings me tremendous joy- it's as simple as that-and I think of how we get to do all of this again!
So here's our day...the two of us...
We built towers with blocks...
I LOVE Daniel's "thinking hand"-
the other hand is always closed like that when he's concentrating.
I LOVE Daniel's "thinking hand"-
the other hand is always closed like that when he's concentrating.
We snuggled and watched TV (oh how I love the snuggling!), and played with our marble tower and many other toys.
After Daniel's nap, we headed outside for some fresh air- that felt SO good! I needed that for sure and was so glad for it! I know I'll be cooped up indoors for a while, so I thank the weather gods for making today such a beautiful refreshing day!
Daniel played basketball...
And cheered himself on!
Daniel LOVES drawing with the chalk!
Daniel wanted me to draw a sad face and I asked him to show me what that looked like. At first he smiled, so then I showed him with my face what a sad face might look like. This is what I got next! Too funny!
Daniel was spinning in circles, drawing at the same time...silly boy!
Daniel LOVES the mulch as much as he did last year!
He's got good balance carrying his scoop of mulch from one part of the yard to another...
He's got good balance carrying his scoop of mulch from one part of the yard to another...
We got another present for baby girl today...and even one for Daniel! He was SO excited!
Of course, Daniel got to help open them after dinner.
Daniel even knew his present was a "new movie" before opening it!
Guess he knows that shape now!
Guess he knows that shape now!
Daniel helps open baby sister's present, too...
and he even took off with it to put it away before I could even see it!
and he even took off with it to put it away before I could even see it!
He was SO excited about his new movie, I told him he could put it in his suitcase so he could watch it at Grandma Cheryl's. He kept saying, "for DANIEL'S suitcase, not Mommy's!", and after running off with sister's new clothes, he ran off with his new movie, found his suitcase, opened it and started putting it right in. Such a good helper!
Then, Daniel and Daddy headed to the park, while I got some more things done and rested a bit, and then we all played some more when they got home. I ended my delightful day with Daniel with the best good night hugs and kisses (and even a bonus blow kiss!), and I even got to watch and listen to Daniel's most wonderful giggles (his giggles are just the BEST!) while he and Daddy read books before bedtime.
Here's hoping things go well for us, for baby girl, and for Daniel...
We'll keep you posted!
Let's see if I can get some sleep now...


No comments:
Post a Comment