Thursday, April 7, 2011

Marvelous Fun with Marbles!

Daniel and Daddy like to go for an adventure to our local Goodwill store now and then to see what treasures might be there...and they scored this awesome Marble Tower set last weekend! To say Daniel LOVES it would be an understatement! He really LOVES it and wants to play with it everyday. Daddy is a much better marble tower maker than Mommy is (not to mention Mommy can't hardly sit, bend, etc. to build anyhow!)...so we try to make this a special play with Daddy toy, but when Daniel sees this toy he gets super excited to play with, so of course I tried my best the other day and we had so much fun! What a super find!

Anyway, here are some pictures from the first time we played with our new toy.


This was Daniel's expression the first time he watched the marble go down the tower...
What an expression of delight!


Daniel is still super excited!


A look of concentration while putting in another marble


Claps of joy!


Wow- look how big the tower is!
And I love the belly shot, too!


Cute smile!
Daniel also figured out that he needed to get his stool from the basement so he could reach.


Reach, reach, reaching up high!


In other news regarding baby girl, we have no news... Daniel was born at 38 weeks to the day- we've passed that for baby girl, Daniel was born on a Monday- and we've passed this week's Monday (still a couple more chances of a Monday baby girl)...so now, I'm 39 weeks pregnant as of tomorrow and I'm thinking she's quite cozy and is taking her sweet time. I'm also guessing that the likelihood of a c-section (I had hoped to do a trial of labor this time, before jumping into a c-section) will increase as we get closer to the due date since the doctors have already told me that they will not induce me with my prior c-section history with Daniel. (He was head down, but "sunny-side up" (love that expression!)- face up- and would not turn, so we went ahead with a c-section.) Anyway, so we're all just waiting...playing, going about our lives, resting, playing, waiting...and I'm having fun with my wonderful little boy and loving all my moments with him. People ask if I'm tired of being pregnant- I never got that "tired of being pregnant" feeling with Daniel and I'm not feeling that way this time either. I love being pregnant- the kicks and movements still amaze me. Yes, I'm anxious, eager, excited, and truly feeling like we're just waiting...but I'm also just enjoying it while it lasts, enjoying my time with Daniel, my husband, and my time resting, too, of course! I also have to say, it's funny because I didn't have much on my calendar for these last couple weeks, and the things I did have on my calendar I didn't think I'D get to do (things out and about with Daniel and such), and it's looking like I get to do them now! I'm excited to get to do things with Daniel that I really wasn't planning to do myself- they're like bonuses to me!

And can I just say that I love how Daniel is saying "Mommy?" "Daddy?" these days before he goes on to say or ask whatever is on his mind. He is really into making sure we're paying attention, which of course we always are!, but I think it's just more about the reassurance and perhaps he likes saying our names. At least I like to think that. It's really so cute. And it's even cuter when he puts his hand on us while he says it.

Daniel is also still super into our hugs and kisses these days, too. We went to the store the other night and Daniel and Daddy wandered while I shopped, and when Daniel saw me again- he said "Mommy!!!" and ran at me with a hug! I loved it. I wanted that hug to last forever; I feel that way every time I hug him- I just want it to last forever- those little arms around my neck and back, the way he snuggles up tight against my shoulder- oh, it's heaven! And these days, I just stare at him all the time and think, when did he get to be such a big boy?!! When???!!! Oh, he's just so wonderful. I LOVE being a mom...

No comments: