Saturday, April 2, 2011

Nursery Room Prepping Fun!

You've seen the finished nursery...but here are some fun behind-the-scenes pictures of the nursery in the making!

Lots and lots of taping had to be done for those stripes...but it was well worth it, I think! AND it was Ben's idea altogether- I'm so lucky I have a wonderful husband willing to go the extra mile to make the nursery super special!


Here's Ben painting!


This was MY first glimpse of the amazing stripes!
I actually got tears in my eyes...



Empty-room induced running craziness!
Daniel LOVED having all that empty space to run around, flop, and be crazy! Silly boy!



Daniel is showing us how strong he is...


Daniel helps Daddy put together the crib.


Getting ready to put the closet organizing system together...
First, Daniel and Daddy had to cut the wire racks with their saws.


Then they had to hammer and screw in the shelves. Daniel LOVED helping out!






Here's Daniel working on his special project for his sister.

First, he painted a sheet of watercolor paper using his new watercolor paints. He got to use any color he wanted and paint anywhere he wanted on the paper. We did this part over the course of several days. This is how it looked when he was all done!


Then, we painted two canvases with acrylic paint. He was VERY excited to help paint these!



After I punched out the flowers (the punch was really hard to push down, so I had to do this part- though I had really hoped Daniel could help with this, too- so did he!), I stuck those foam 3-D squares on the flowers so they would "pop" and Daniel got to stick them ANYwhere on the canvas he wanted. He really enjoyed doing this part!

I like this next picture because his hand is on my arm...so sweet.



I like this picture, too- Daniel looks so pleased with himself!


And then we hung the pictures up! These were the first pictures we hung up in the nursery- Daniel was very excited to hang them up right away. He chose the orange to go on top and the green on the bottom. Ta-Da!


Anytime we get gifts for baby sister, Daniel loves to help us put them away! What a super helper!

Here's Daniel carrying an outfit upstairs to sister's closet...


And here he is hanging the outfit up...on his tippy toes, he can just reach!


We got the bouncer out to clean it and change the batteries...of course Daniel wanted to help with this, too! Here he is fixing it with his screwdriver. Notice his baby is already in it!


Here's Daniel putting some of his books in the bookcase.
(Later, of course, he wanted them back!)



We had a lot of fun putting the whole nursery together and I had really wanted Daniel to have a part in helping...and that he did! Anytime we were in there, he was in there. He helped with just about every bit of the nursery! He was such a good little helper. Daniel LOVES to "go see sister's room" every day, too! So do I, of course...it's such a special little room!

No comments: