Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Super Handsome Ringbearer & More Wedding Fun

Saturday was the Wedding! We spent the morning at the park and having lunch. Daniel took a GREAT nap before the wedding which was wonderful. After getting dressed, we got on the bus to head to the park for pictures. Daniel hung onto those trucks of his, but he was such a good little boy waiting. There was so much to take in. He just kind of stood there, looking super handsome and looking all around him. He relaxed when he saw Wendy and Grandma and his trucks helped, too. He was a little nervous, I think, so without his trucks (taken away only during pictures, which he was actually okay with), his fingers were in his mouth a lot, but that's not unusual. We were doing so many different things with so many people- he was such a trouper. Back on the bus, he got a drink and you could just see that he was so much more relaxed then. Plus, that day- the wedding day- was the hottest day that week. Of course.

We had to stop at security to get on base for the wedding, so Daniel got to walk around a little bit in the back of the bus. He enjoyed sitting back there and meeting the girls, who were so sweet with him. I LOVE the picture below of him "talking" to the girls. We got to the chapel, and the ceremony started pretty much right away. Daniel did an AWESOME job of walking down the aisle all by himself!! I'm SO proud of him. What a big boy he is! Grandma held a cookie, I put him down at the beginning of the short aisle and told him Grandma had a cookie for him and off he went! You can see the awesome video below!!! Thanks, Aunt Jodi, for taking the video for us. Daniel and I then enjoyed the ceremony from the cry room out in the lobby. I found him to be super chatty and not so patient during the rehearsal the couple times we did try to sit, so it was just easier to let him play in the cry room (we had another little one in there with us- he was so cute with her, too) so I could hear the ceremony and watch from there. That worked out very well.

The reception was back at the hotel. Daniel enjoyed his "children's dinner" wearing his adorable tuxedo bib that Grandma Mary Kay made for him. And when the dancing and music started, he even hit the dance floor and danced the night away! So cute. Daniel was doing his bouncing thing that he does with his knees- I loved watching him. He would jump. Dance on the floor. Run under my legs and even crawl under Grandma Mary Kay's floor length dress. He had a ball! And this was Daniel with a bit of a cold already...that sure didn't slow him down! He was sure up late that night and clonked right out when we got back up to the room.

Whew! What a wonderful wedding it was! Enjoy these adorable pictures of my handsome little boy. I have more, too, thanks to Jason! Those will come soon...





















Here's an AWESOME video of Daniel walking down the aisle:



No comments: