Sunday, November 14, 2010

"Huggy Baby"


Lately, Daniel has been so affectionate with the baby in my belly, it's just adorable. He's hugging the baby in this picture. He will do this from time to time- just rest his head against my belly and he'll say "huggy baby". Sometimes he pats the baby, too. Even cuter yet- when we snuggle up to read or watch TV or play on the computer, Daniel will share his stuffed toys with the baby and put them in "baby lap", right on my belly. I love it! I'm sure he really doesn't have a clue what's really going on, but we do mention it from time to time (not too much since we don't want to push our luck! there are days when he doesn't want to talk about it and that's okay & understandable) and he seems to at least know there's a baby there, enough to want to hug it! Daniel once leaned on my stomach (for leverage in getting down off the couch; he's always just kind of flopped off, leaning against me in doing so- I'm working on this!), and I said ouch, he immediately, without prompting, said "sorry baby" and hugged it! So sweet. That's my boy!

No comments: