Monday, November 29, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of year...

Besides the cold weather, I LOVE this time of year! Christmas is my favorite holiday and I simply cannot wait to dive into the season with Daniel! I thought last year was fun with him, and I think this year will be even more fun. We've already started decorating the house- mostly the lights and the tree- and I'm mostly done Christmas shopping, though how I'm supposed to stop shopping for my awesome, super-fun little guy I don't know. I can't wait to finish decorating and I really can't wait for Christmas!

Anyway, I thought I'd share a few moments of Christmas cheer we've had in our house lately. Daniel got all bundled up in his new coat, mittens, and hat (don't you just love his hat?!) to go outside and "help" Daddy put up the lights- he even got his tools, bless his heart.


Daniel LOVES his very own job of turning on all the Christmas lights, which are all hooked up to remotes- the tree, the front of the house, and even our deck in the back. You can just make out the delight in his eyes and his big smile in the picture below- he was super excited about lighting up our Christmas tree for the first time the other day and every day it's the same excitement!



There's a story behind this next picture below...this toy puzzle was supposed to be a Christmas present. About a week ago, Daniel was in Ben's office with Ben, I was cleaning up the kitchen and then, as I headed down the hall to go see what Daniel was up to since he was strangely quiet, he RAN the FASTEST I've ever seen him run, out of the office carrying this puzzle box. He wasted absolutely no time in asking for us to open this box so he could play with this new toy that he scored from the box of goodies in Daddy's office. This box of goodies (goodies I had ordered from Amazon) was supposed to be hiding, but it seemed to have made a detour to Ben's office somehow (I won't name names, but it wasn't me!)...well, it's hiding now. And I certainly couldn't take away this new toy, so here's Daniel enjoying an early Christmas present. Daniel was so excited- it was SO much fun! We had a great laugh about it- really, I have never seen Daniel run that fast! I captured the memory with pictures of him playing with this new toy.

And don't think Daniel doesn't remember what else was in that box...he's still searching for where we put it and he asks for things that he knows are in that box. He's a smart kid with a good memory!

No comments: