So come on in...
Here's the first glance when you first walk in...
This is baby's room!
Ben painted AMAZING stripes on all the walls!
Lots of work...but it totally made the room so special- just perfect really!
Ben painted AMAZING stripes on all the walls!
Lots of work...but it totally made the room so special- just perfect really!
Ben gave me this card for my birthday last year and I love how happy the picture is. I loved this card from the moment I received it and I immediately KNEW it would be a part of baby's room. It's the first thing you see when you walk in, too.
Here's the changing table/dresser and bookshelf.
We LOVE the natural-colored furniture we picked out.
We LOVE the natural-colored furniture we picked out.
Artwork above the changing table.
I made the one in the center (see next picture for closer look)
and my mom gave me the other two adorable animal pictures.
I made the one in the center (see next picture for closer look)
and my mom gave me the other two adorable animal pictures.
A closer look at the collage, featuring pages from a Golden Book titled Where Do Kisses Come From? I had wanted to do something with books in her room, specifically books with animals since the bedding is animal themed, and the moment I saw this book, I loved how special and sweet it was. Can't wait to share millions of kisses, of all kinds- like in this book, with baby girl! And I believe I'll be reading these pages to her every time I change her diaper.
This adorable and wonderful Disney picture was drawn by my sister, Christina, and is specially placed in the room straight across from the door- it looks amazing!
I think this next picture is one of my favorite pictures of all the pictures here to show you... I love the cozy corner, the way the light falls on the chair, and the way the chair is just waiting to rock baby girl...
The quilt that inspired it all! I loved this quilt the moment I saw it, too- I loved how bright and bold the colors were, how it's girly without being TOO girly. The flowers & bows on the animals gave it a fun touch. Daniel loves to point out all the animals on it- he'll be a great teacher for baby girl. No doubt she'll learn all the animals quickly with his help!
Here's a shot toward the crib.
Oops- I just remembered- I forgot to put baby's giant Minnie (like Daniel's giant Mickey) on the rocker for the pictures. Minnie will come out of hiding one of these days...if I put her out now, Daniel will undoubtedly take her right out of the room and all over the house! It'll happen anyhow, but I think I'll wait a bit longer... Anyway, she does have a giant Minnie to take monthly pictures with! Can't wait to continue that tradition!
And speaking of traditions, Grandma Mary Kay made the beautiful white blanket that's on the rocker. Daniel has one and now baby girl has one, too! Thank you, Mary Kay- I'm sure looking forward to snuggling baby up in that super soft blanket.
Oops- I just remembered- I forgot to put baby's giant Minnie (like Daniel's giant Mickey) on the rocker for the pictures. Minnie will come out of hiding one of these days...if I put her out now, Daniel will undoubtedly take her right out of the room and all over the house! It'll happen anyhow, but I think I'll wait a bit longer... Anyway, she does have a giant Minnie to take monthly pictures with! Can't wait to continue that tradition!
And speaking of traditions, Grandma Mary Kay made the beautiful white blanket that's on the rocker. Daniel has one and now baby girl has one, too! Thank you, Mary Kay- I'm sure looking forward to snuggling baby up in that super soft blanket.
The artwork above the crib, crib bedding, and of course you can see Daniel's contributions to the crib- MANY stuffed animals of his, which live there...for now! The art above the crib features vintage-like animal "flashcards", which I also love. No rhyme or reason for the numbers on them...we just picked our three favorite animals!
The bookshelf with a few decorations and books already, and yet, waiting to be filled with even more! (The clock needs batteries- another oops!)
Story behind the lion: You all know how Daniel LOVES his lion and takes his lion everywhere he goes. He needs that lion when he's sad and he needs that lion when he's sleeping and he's always sharing his lion with family when they're sad or tired, too. So, from the very beginning, I've looked and looked for a lion for Daniel to give to his sister for her very own- and would you believe how hard that was! (I was a little picky, but not too picky, really- it did have to be baby friendly after all!) I found a lion rattle (on the changing table in front of the basket- if you look very closely) and that will be perfect for him to give her right away, at the hospital, or when she's in her bouncer at home, and such. But I still wanted a stuffed lion, similar to Daniel's. Then one day a couple weeks ago, Daniel and I were at Michael's (a craft store) of all places and there Daniel spotted a lion and you know what- Daniel even immediately exclaimed "Sister's lion!" and of course we had to buy it! It's perfect; I love that Daniel found it and I love even more that he knew it would be for sister!
A view back toward the changing table and the doorway
And here's the most special thing in the whole room...this set of artwork. No, I didn't make it.
DANIEL made it! And he's super proud of it!
Again, from the beginning, I knew I wanted Daniel to make something for baby sister. This artwork was inspired by an idea I saw on the internet and right then I knew that was what Daniel would make for her. We worked on it for several days, in bits and pieces, and he was very excited about his "special project for sister" and as soon as it was done, it was the very first thing we hung in the room! I'll share more about this later.
Again, from the beginning, I knew I wanted Daniel to make something for baby sister. This artwork was inspired by an idea I saw on the internet and right then I knew that was what Daniel would make for her. We worked on it for several days, in bits and pieces, and he was very excited about his "special project for sister" and as soon as it was done, it was the very first thing we hung in the room! I'll share more about this later.
I have LOTS more pictures of the nursery-in-the-making to share, too, but I thought I'd start with this reveal. I'm so excited about how the nursery turned out- it's just absolutely perfect and exactly how I imagined it; a calm room with just the right amount of sweetness and girly-ness. It all came together so wonderfully! Thanks to Ben and Daniel for all their hard work!
Now, we're just waiting for baby to arrive...any day now really! 37 weeks and counting...


No comments:
Post a Comment