Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bits of Our Week: In Daniel's Words

So I thought I'd do something a little different this week...some might say I have time on my hands...but actually I don't!!! I just wanted to try something out, something I knew I'd enjoy...and although it took a while, it was fun to see the final product!

I've been trying to capture Daniel's talking on video, because of course it's just the cutest thing to me! And I thought, why not show him some pictures I'd planned to post and have HIM tell what's happening in the pictures in a video format so I could share that. He loves to look at pictures of himself anyway and I told him we were doing a project, so he was more than willing to help- just once. I had no second chances here! What you'll see is actually one long video, chopped up- that's the part that took some time and the part I still really need practice with! Then I made a montage of it all... so, you'll see the picture and then the video snippet of his description of that picture. Turned out all right if I do say so myself! Not bad for my first attempt at this, I think.


Here are the actual pictures, some additional pictures from our week, and a few of my notes...

We had a dusting of snow one morning last week, and of course that was just enough to get Daniel interested in the snow all over again! And just when I thought we were done with snow around here, too. Still, he LOVED shoveling the driveway. He was running all over the place, pushing his shovel, and jumping in the slush (which he thought was just the best!). Daniel had a LOT of fun for just a teeny tiny bit of snow!


Daniel still likes to help unload the dishwasher and one day when he was helping me, he said "Where Mommy camera?"!! Too funny. So of course I grabbed it and indulged him!


My mom and my sister had a little mini baby shower for me and baby girl! Complete with pink confetti on our table (we went to my favorite restaurant: California Pizza Kitchen!), pink baby shower napkins, and some super cute and fun gifts, of course! Here are just a couple pictures from our fun night out (we ended our night by seeing The King's Speech- wonderful movie and the only Oscar movie I saw!). Thank you so much, Mom and Christina! You're the best! I had a ton of fun!


This is a picture that Christina drew for baby girl. Daniel got one, too, when he was born. And they're both Disney pictures- perfect for our Disney-loving family. I'm so glad both of my babies have wonderful artwork from their aunt!


Nothing like emptying cabinets for after-dinner entertainment!


Well, the first snow dusting from last week melted that same day of course, and a few days later, it snowed a teeny bit again and of course we were back outside! This time we ventured into the backyard and even shoveled the deck. Daddy was with us, and Daniel had fun throwing snow at us, too!






Aunt Christina came over one day to play with Daniel, too. Daniel was so excited that she came to play and he sure kept her busy! Here they are watching a little bit of Cars. I think this is such a sweet picture; I love how his hand is resting on hers.


I did some major shopping for baby girl this weekend...stocking up, getting her room ready, and of course clothes shopping, too! Daniel was excited to help carry this box of diapers for sister up to her room. So strong! And yes he has kind of a weird "cheese" face!


Daniel is having a LOT of fun painting these days. I have quite the art gallery on the fridge! He LOVES hanging his pictures up there when he's done. On our to-do list: find a place to put more of Daniel's artwork; I have a feeling this is only just the beginning!


A couple of other cute stories:

Daniel has really started to pluralize his words a lot more lately and it's quite cute...he adds extra s's (very typical of toddlers). Truckses, Mackses, and so forth. He is also quite adept at adding -ed endings for the past tense- buyed it, watched it, etc.- again, so cute at this age, especially since they basically make up their own words sometimes! I just think it's great that he picks up on these things.

Here's the best story, though. One morning Ben asked Daniel if he wanted to help feed the cats their breakfast and Daniel, not missing one beat, said "nooo, cats eat CAT FOOD!" So cute and so literal! Gotta love it!

No comments: