Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Too Quiet

The other day while I was making lunch, I noticed that the house got SUPER quiet...and with a little boy who never stops chattering this is unusual. So I paused the lunch-making and went off to find out what Daniel was getting into- after all, that's usually what super-quiet means with toddlers: getting into something. And this is what I found...


My sweet, adorable little boy just sitting upstairs in the loft on the couch reading books he'd found on the bookshelf. (And yes, I felt a stab of guilt for thinking that my son could possibly be "getting into something"!!) I couldn't resist running and grabbing the camera to snap a picture. Then I told him I was making lunch and would come back when it was done, so he just sat there and kept reading until I came back a few minutes later. I just found it so sweet and wonderful that he was upstairs keeping himself busy reading books.

And I have to share a few other random tidbits...

A new development in our house...Daniel has started asking "what's that?" It's quite cute, I think. Maybe because I've been waiting for the "questions" to start! And start they have...he asks "what's that? what's that? what's that?" all the time now, especially when we're reading books. He even started asking it at dinner last night! What's that? That's red pepper. What's that? That's rice. And so on. Let the curiosity begin!

A sweet story...the other night, Daniel wanted to read one more book (one of his Lightning McQueen books, which features another of his favorite characters- Guido), after several other classic bedtime stalling "one more books" of course. Ben suggested he read the book to his lion. Daniel sat down in his crib, hugged his lion, and said "Lion love Guido book" and he was perfectly happy to go to bed. So sweet!

No comments: