Thursday, March 3, 2011

One Fine Day


Today was one of those days...and I mean that in the most awesome way- it was definitely up there with being one pretty darn fine day. I needed it, too. Let's just say that pregnancy/OMG baby's coming I'm excited I'm nervous/so much to do/etc. hormones are raging! Daniel can sense these things, too- he gave me his lion yesterday (he does this when he sees people who are tired or sad- because that's when he needs his lion) along with big hugs and said "mommy happy now"- melted my heart and of course made me much happier! I have the most wonderful son!

Anyway, I of course woke up to a very happy smiley toddler as always and that is just the most wonderful way to start my day. Love it! We went to our Wiggles & Giggles class (basically playtime- Daniel has loved it and we've been going since he turned 1!) and Daniel had the most fun there as always. He played so nicely, shared wonderfully, had fun with the coolest crayons in the world and told me right away that we had to hang the picture on our fridge, and then we were the last ones to leave because he helped clean up all the toys! How awesome is that! The teacher was super impressed! Daniel is just so helpful, no matter where we are, really.

We came home, played a little, and Daniel ate an awesome lunch- notable, because, like all toddlers, he's starting to be pickier about what he eats, and also notable because he actually told me he wanted to eat lunch- this is also rare. Usually he doesn't want to stop playing to eat a single morsel of food and when he finally does stop, it's gobble a bite or two and go! We figure he'll eat when he's hungry and today he certainly made up for all those grab and go's!

After lunch, my son sat with me in the basement and we drew with markers on his dry-erase board, did a 24-piece Mickey puzzle (He was super excited about finding all the Mickey, Goofy and Donald pieces and putting their bodies together- he actually did a great job, too! It was so much fun to watch him concentrate and get so excited.), and colored with crayons for a whole HOUR! After two weeks of dump, fill, dump, fill...I sure relished our time actually "doing" something. That hour right there- made my day. We had the most fun! And he just wanted to keep going...and so did I.

And then, the shocker- after he was done coloring with his crayons, Daniel TOLD me he wanted to go "take nap now". He NEVER tells me, let alone "wants" to take a nap. I really was baffled. And it was early, too- a whole hour earlier than I usually put him down for a nap. Go figure. So, we read books just for a few minutes and then he was just like, nap time. And here's another shocker...he napped for THREE HOURS! (AND, he was yawing again by bedtime, too! he's rarely "yawning" as much as he was today before bedtime) Again, go figure. I finally decided he must be growing, or perhaps those 2 year molars are hard at work (he always did sleep a LOT when teething!)...

After his wonderful, loooong nap, the three of us went out to dinner (he ate another awesome meal again!) and then we went to IKEA. And I'm telling you IKEA + a 2.5 year old = FUN! And no, I'm not being sarcastic at all. We really had the most fun- I can't stop thinking about it. I wished I had my camera! Daniel loved walking around the whole store and he was such a good shopper; he stayed with us, put things back on his own, and all- it was just the best shopping trip. We bought a bookshelf (among other completely random things!) for baby girl's room and Daniel helped Daddy push the cart to the register. Darn camera was at home...it was so cute the way he was helping and he looked so small in that huge store! We did use Ben's phone to take a picture- it's better than nothing and you can see what I mean about Daniel looking so small at IKEA; I had to share it anyway!

Other bits of wonderful from today:
1) We came home to the nicest letter from Ben's Grandma Ann- I loved it. Ben has such wonderful, sweet grandparents; between Grandma Ann's letters and Grandma Pat's sweet thoughtful baby gifts...they make me miss mine all the more. So, Grandma Ann and Grandma Pat- know this, we love you SO MUCH and we cherish you more than you can even imagine. And to my grandparents watching from above, know that you are sorely missed! (sniff, sniff- Sorry- it's the hormones, I'm telling you! Where's that lion?!)

2) Baby girl has been kicking, moving, and stretching like crazy today! I love every minute of it, too- I'll miss that. I missed it after I had Daniel and I'll miss it again this time, too- I already know that. There's just something about those little (or sometimes huge!) movements that's so awesome. Anyway, I keep saying I swear she's running out of room, and I have 6 weeks to go, too. The doctors say everything is fine and looks on schedule measurement wise and all, so I'm good and I'm not worried. But still, I'm so curious how big she is. It's just funny because it feels like she's just really pushing her limits and dancing around in there...it's all so fun, to me. And back to Daniel "sensing" things- he's been talking about how baby sister is getting bigger, bigger again. Daniel has been snuggling up to my belly more lately and he'll just make this comment. He hasn't said that in a while...does he know something I don't know?!!

Well, that's what's on my mind after our simply wonderful day. I had to blog it- more for me, than for you probably. If you're still reading, thanks for hanging in there!

1 comment:

Aunt C said...

I loved this blog!!! :D