Thursday, April 29, 2010

19 Months Old!


Happy 19 Months, Daniel! So, where did the month of April go? I can't believe another month has passed again. Daniel is more and more fun each day and he's certainly a very busy toddler.

The past couple weeks, Daniel has had a talking explosion! I have no better word for it. Daniel says so many words now- too many to count. I've officially lost track of all of his words- but here's my attempt to list some of the latest- Moom (moon), moo (cow sound), baa (sheep), ooh ooh (monkey), joo (juice), mee (oatmeal), titi (auntie), tt (tractor or sticker), dum (dump), mow-mow (lawnmower), hoho (hoe), teetee or tt (tweet- bird sound), peess (please, with hand over mouth- so cute!), peas (peaches), roro (ring around the rosie), ro (roll), bah (box), ba (Brian), AND SO MANY MORE!!! Oh and I can't forget- "geem" which he says to request his computer game- a popular request these days! Daniel is really quite the little parrot and will try to say just about any word you ask him to and it is just so cute to watch him thinking about how to say it.

He also makes several animal sounds. It is so DARN cute to listen to his animal sounds. My favorites are the monkey, the cow, the cat, and the sheep. His birdie sound is cute, too. Fish is buhbuh, for bubble. He learns new animal sounds fast, too. We're still practicing many more! Check out the videos of Daniel making animal sounds below.

Another major success this month is that Daniel is quite proficient at using a spoon now. He's really been practicing with his morning oatmeal (which is the easiest to do) or even his cereal (harder because he has to fish around for those little pieces sometimes). Daniel will still use his fingers from time to time, but mostly he chooses to use the spoon. He knows how to use a fork, too, but lately, he just resorts to his fingers and that's okay. He's a good little eater! He has also caught on to using a napkin and thinks that fun and quite handy when he gets messy while eating.

It's still amazing to witness Daniel's memory, problem solving, independence, and his strength and balance- all of which keep improving tremendously. My mind is blown away most days by the things he can do and the things he can figure out. If he needs help, we really push to him to ask for help with his sign and say please- and then we'll offer help or support as he needs it. But he really is so independent and so smart. It's fun to sit back and just watch him play now. He's learning how to put his blocks together, he repeats the letters and colors that his talking snail says, and he loves dumping things from one bucket/box to another and will do this over and over. Oh and he LOVES trucks!

A new favorite game is "Ring Around the Rosie" and we're having a lot of fun with this. Daniel calls it "roro" and requests this game often. It's so cute to watch how excited he gets!

Daniel is very good at cleaning up and following routines, too. I'm sure this is just a very nice phase, but I'm liking it. He loves helping us, too. It's amazing how quickly he catches on to what to do, where to put things, how things work, etc.

April has brought us some nice weather finally, so we're outside ALL the time! Daniel LOVES to be outside. I don't think I've gotten this much fresh air in my life- just kidding, but seriously, we're outside all the time if we can be. It really is nice to have another place to play and different toys out there, too.

We've also officially moved into the one-nap a day routine, too. Daniel will occasionally take a brief (1 hour or so) morning nap, too, but mostly he takes a good two hour nap right after lunch. And he's doing great with his new nap routine. I think his next set of teeth (those canines) are very much on the way and I'm sure they'll wreak havoc on our routine a bit, but we shall see. Daniel has always teethed pretty well.

Our little boy is just so amazing and so adorable. We love him more than we can even begin to describe! I just want to kiss him and hug him all the time...and of course, because I can, I totally do!!

Enjoy the videos below. I tried to capture Daniel's latest and greatest activities for you!

Spoonfuls of Success!!




Adorable Animal Sounds- part 1




Adorable Animal Sounds- part 2
(I couldn't leave out the cutest monkey sound ever!)



Fun with Dumping


No comments: