Sunday, July 11, 2010

New Toys

Given Daniel's obsession with tools, I went out and got him his own "tool set" complete with mini workbench tabletop and pegboard. It's sure been a hit! Daniel loves using the hammer to pound in the nails on the workbench, and he has already figured out how to use the back end of the hammer to pull the nails out, too. It's so cute to watch his determination. The screwdriver fits into screws and you can actually turn them to put them in the holes on the workbench, but that's still a little hard for Daniel, though he does try. After playing with his new tools for a while, Daniel discovered how much fun the empty bucket could be! Daniel would pretend to throw things away in the bucket and then dump them into a tin, all while saying "blah" and "sah" (his words for garbage and recycle). Could it be that he thought his blue bucket was like our blue recycling bin? Of course, I think Daniel's that smart and he sure is perceptive- so, unless I'm reading way too much into it, I think Daniel was actually pretending to recycle and dump just like the garbage guys do! That's my clever guy!





I also couldn't resist this Sesame Street toy house! I was actually going to wait a while to open it- but Daniel saw it (before I had a chance to put it away!) and he pointed the scissors right out to me so I could open it. How can I resist my cute little guy? (Plus, it's SO hot outside, a few new toys to keep us indoors are always nice!) So, it's opened and it's been a hit, too. Daniel loves to play with it. There are lots of things you can open and close on it. It came with Big Bird and Elmo ("bid" and "umm" Daniel calls them) and Daniel makes them go in and out of the doors, up the steps, and he even has them sleep in the bed that came with it. Daniel pretended to sleep in their bed, too. Silly boy!



I have a feeling that Daniel's upcoming birthday (it's not that far away- only a little over two months!) is going to A) be so much fun to shop for! and B) be one of those occasions where he unwraps one present and wants to open it right away to play with and C) end with new toys everywhere! But, hey, I'm okay with that- toys are just so much fun. And it's equally delightful to watch my little guy playing and interacting with his toys. I love it. It's fun to be a kid! And a parent, too!

No comments: