Daniel loves to play with money these days. In addition to the special Curious George piggy bank from Grandma Cheryl in his bedroom (which we often play with before bedtime), Daniel has this little plastic penguin bank that Grandpa Larry gave him a while back. Lately, this thing follows Daniel all over the house, and quite noisily, too! But really, he has fun putting change in both of his banks...over and over and over again. We pretend we are shopping and say what we're buying, we practice counting, I name the coins, but mostly, we just drop the coins in. I've gotta tell you though, if you ever wonder how long a two-year-old's attention span is...well, it can be as long as a HALF HOUR! That's how long Daniel played with this bank and coins the day I took this picture. He literally kept playing and playing, and he'd invent new games to play with the money, but still he played with the money. I was amazed at how long the activity kept him occupied.
And on another attention span note, Daniel and I actually sat and read books for ONE HOUR today. Yes, it really was that long. He'd get up and get another book and bring it back, sit and read, and he might even take a look at a toy along the way but he always came back for more reading. And this kept going on for a lot longer than I thought it would last...but I have no complaints...I LOVE books! We had a busy weekend that sort of threw everybody off, so I wondered what today would bring...but, today was simply wonderful! Daniel obviously needed a day with some downtime, a day with just his mommy (I made Ben hide today!), and it was the perfect day! (Not that I don't enjoy every day, it's just that today was exactly what we all needed- a happy, low-key, cozy, at-home day!)
I'll leave you with one of my new favorite pictures...(Thank you, Jason!)


1 comment:
What a sweet picture of you and Daniel!!
Post a Comment