Daniel now has his very own chair to sit in! It's perfect. We love it. He can get into it and off of it all by himself. He's so proud of himself, too! It's been fun to have a chair just for Daniel. Now, we just have to work on the "no standing" rule. (Good luck with that, right!)
Some fun updates:
I mentioned that Daniel stands on his tiptoes from time to time. Now, he even does when we say "tippy toes"- it's cute to watch. Daniel can also point to a few body parts- we're really working hard on that. He knows where his belly, nose, and hair are and if you ask where his mouth is you'll get raspberries! Silly boy. He knows socks and shoes go on his feet and knows where the feet are when you give him these items, but he isn't quite pointing to his feet when you ask where his feet are yet. Anyway, it's fun to play. Daniel has also started spinning- it started in his metal bucket in the basement- the one he loves to play in and stomp in and bang on. Yesterday he just started turning round and round and round- good thing the bucket was there to support him when he got dizzy! Today, he was spinning round and round all on his own without the bucket- Mommy caught him this time. We've also been playing up and down with our bodies- Daniel stands and says "uh" (his "up") and then squats and says "dowm" and he will do this over and over and say up and down each time. Pretty funny. I play, too, until my legs tire of the exercise!
New words- Daniel says "vvvv" for any kind of vacuum he sees and he also says "vvvv" for car (we make that noise when we see cars or play with cars- perhaps I need to stop the sound effects, they're just so fun!). He knows that the garage has "vvvv" and when a car drives by out the window he runs to the window and says "vvvv". He's making good connections and putting it together! This evening, Ben and I were in the kitchen cleaning after dinner and Daniel had gone to the window in Daddy's office. Seconds later, he was running (well, really, he does go fast!) into the kitchen, pointing and saying "fff, fff, fff"- I said show me, and we ran back to the window and sure enough, there was the neighbor's dog. (fff or oof- is for woof/dog and is not really a new word, it's just being applied more often lately) So cute. Daniel also says "oof" sometimes, too- especially if you ask him what a dog says. He pointed to the dog on the wall at the doctor's office last week (H1N1 booster shot- and not even a cry at all!) and said "oof" there, too- I loved it. Another new word- "guy" for banana. Haven't the faintest idea how he got "guy" (that's how it sounds, like the word guy) out of banana, but that's what he says when he wants a banana or sees a banana. At least I know what he means. Toddler language...this will be fun! I always did wonder, how do you know what they're saying?! Well, we don't always; there are times Daniel will try really hard to tell us something and we just have no idea, but we try and sometimes, over time, we figure it out. "Guy" we figured out.
Daniel has also been doing better drinking his (calcium-fortified) orange juice and rice milk lately, too. We've been trying for quite some time, but have met resistance. Daniel would at least try them, thankfully, but until this week, he really didn't drink much of either beverage. Hopefully, we're on the up. He's actually been requesting his juice- though he still says "wa-wa" as he stands in front of the fridge waiting for me to get his juice cup out. We're pushing these drinks, per doctor request and simply because he's ready, because Daniel needs alternative sources of calcium due to his milk allergy. Of course we try to find foods with calcium, but if we can add to that with his drinks that's even better. We'll see how much he's grown in a few weeks with another checkup at the endocrinologist, after we get more bloodwork done next week. On another eating note- Daniel is showing lots of interest in drinking out of cups now, so we're trying that out bit by bit. It's cute to watch him try- he mostly sticks his tongue out and licks the outside of the cup, as if that's where the drink is. I laugh at this. Daniel has also been eating a lot of food this week- and I mean a lot, for him. Must be another growth spurt. Or just a smart Mommy- I figured out that he seems to eat more when he has more choices, which we've tried but have been leery of before simply because he throws food if there's too much on his tray. But he's been doing better- with eating and with not throwing so much. Now go knock on some wood before I jinx it all!
Funny story of the week (yes, another one! the other one was the dog/cracker story in the Mr. Popular post)- The other day, I went to get Daniel up from his not-nap (that's what I call it when we try to put him down for a nap and he doesn't nap, not even a wink- it's a not-nap) and found him pant-less! Yes, you read that right- he didn't have his pants on, or his socks for that matter. And these were not pants that are too big on him at all- these were pants that fit great and do not slip off easily. So, I figure my little guy must have worked hard to take them off. I'd have liked to have watched that! And a picture would have been nice, but the camera was downstairs and Daddy was busy, so alas- no picture. Perhaps I'll get one at Daniel's next not-nap!


No comments:
Post a Comment