We had the past two weeks off between sessions and today we started a new session again- and I have to say, what a difference two weeks makes! I'm absolutely loving my son's sense of adventure, his confidence, his bravery, and now I'm just going to cry. Daniel amazes me. He held my hand and walked the whole way in to the back corner of the gym from the front door of the whole building- that in itself was too precious, since my son isn't much of a hand-holder, though he is a little more so these days. Daniel played a lot on his own, and once in a while he would come to me, take my hand, and lead me around. Daniel tried a little of everything today- usually he's all over one or two things for the whole time. He was busy, but not distracted crazy high energy busy like he sometimes is- he was focused on each activity wholly, and he just played so nicely and so well. I had the most fun watching him. He pushed the doll stroller; played with the basketball hoop (which is too funny since he can barely even reach it); wanted to sit in the chairs at the table (but just like at home the table was a tad high for him, though this didn't stop him from playing at the table several times); played with the kitchen; gave toys to other kids; actually stayed at the circle for songs; braved the parachute; loved climbing the steps, with help, for the slide and had tons of fun going down (he's only done this one other time and today he totally caught on how to do it- and wanted to do this over and over); and he even climbed on those foam steps and hills and "jumped" with my help into the ball pit (this he wanted to do over and over, too!). Daniel was so delightful today- even the teachers noticed how much he's exploring and growing and coming into himself. He's so comfortable there. He was so interested in everything and wanted to try everything- and some were things he's never been interested in before, like the chairs and table, the foam steps, and the parachute. We really had a ton of fun and I can't say enough about it. My little guy is growing up way too fast! I really can't wait to start toddler gymnastics in April- I hear great things about it! Waiting is hard to do...and yet, I don't want to rush this AT ALL.
Well, I hope that was enough of a "picture" of Daniel at Wiggles for you...
And to make up for no pictures, I thought I'd share these two video snippets of Daniel around the house last week. Daniel likes to play in our "red room"- that's where the fun empty boxes are and there's a window that's low enough for him to look outside and he likes to do that. He also loves dancing on the vent- you'll see that. I think he likes the sound he makes. If the vent is blowing, he'll come up to me and go "blah" and he stays away from it until it's done- it's so cute. The other video shows Daniel's latest quirk of the week- he likes to back up while on his hands and knees- it really is funny to watch. He does it all over the house really, but I think he loves how he can really slide on the tile. (oh and please pay no attention to his little "snack" break- I have no idea what he ate- probably an oyster cracker crumb- he doesn't usually eat everything he finds on the floor, like he used to when he was first crawling- thank goodness we're past that phase, he really is much better about that now, unless it's food...you'd think we don't feed the kid!) Enjoy the videos!





No comments:
Post a Comment