Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bye!


We're calling it official: Daniel's FIRST WORD: Bye! Actually it's "bah", but it's very consistent with his bye-bye waves now! Here you can see Daniel waving bye (note that he uses his left hand) before he leaves the room. I've mentioned before that he waves, and I thought perhaps he might be saying bye, but it could have been coincidence; however, now we've really established a pattern and he's most definitely saying bye. He says it a lot and it's quite cute because he will almost always wave, too, when he says it, even if it's not time to say bye. But I do think he knows- he says bye to people leaving rooms (like at the doctor's office) though they're usually out the door already, he says bye when he's leaving rooms, and he says bye when we put him in his car seat now too. Now that's putting two and two together! :) Smart guy!

Daniel also says "dada" a lot, too. He'll say it a lot when he's crawling around the house as if he's looking for daddy. No sign of "mama" yet!

No comments: