Okay, I seriously cannot choose pictures...I may have a problem! These are just a "few" pictures from our Christmas Eve fun (both day and night). Daniel decorated envelopes for a few gifts with crayons- he liked holding two crayons this time and I think he noticed the marks he was making more this time, too. He was eating a snack at the time, which worked out nicely in that he didn't try to eat the crayons! The snack also helped him maintain his attention long enough to decorate a few envelopes- another benefit. There he is hamming it up again for the camera in another picture and then of course you can see our adorable studmuffin in his oh-so-adorable red overalls! Daniel also chose that day to play with our two footstools for the first time ever- he literally pushed them and rolled them all over the room and even down the hall. Check out the static in his looooong hair (1st haircut...coming SOON! I promise!)- we got a huge kick out of that- it was totally blog-worthy. We continued our tradition of reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and even read "The Pirates' Night Before Christmas"...well, I should say we really read each book for about ten seconds- Daniel was not gonna sit still much. We played in the basement a little, too- Daniel LOVES to go in the basement. He thinks being in the giant can is fun- what a cute picture, too.
The last several pictures are all of the playing-card saga, which I posted about briefly the other night- Daniel's in his Christmas pj's, freshly bathed, and BUZZED up. You get an idea of the progression of Daniel's fun with the cards...it all started with Daniel sitting on the couch with his fun Uncle Brian. Daniel decided that box looked awfully fun and now it was his (he loves boxes, and little did he know the fun it contained!). He managed to get it open and then the real fun broke out! He took a few cards out, then a few more, and then a lot more, he crawled all over them (and we rarely see him crawl anymore so this was funny), swam in them, walked all over them, took them into other rooms, gave them to us, and just generally made the biggest mess with them- we had a ball watching him go crazy and we didn't mind the mess at all (well, I didn't have to clean it- I was putting him to bed!). Daniel sure had FUN! Needless to say, he now has his own deck of cards to play with- we'll get them out another time soon, maybe.


No comments:
Post a Comment