Monday, December 14, 2009

Our Budding Artist


Daniel's 1st time holding a crayon!


I love his expression here!


Here's a funny face...but I love the up-close view of his fist grasp!


Daniel studies his crayon.


You can almost see Daniel smiling behind the crayon...
and don't you love the TWO hands on the crayon, too?!


TaDa!...Daniel's 1st Crayon Drawing!

I've been dying to give Daniel some crayons, and well, I've waited long enough (though I know he'll still try to eat them!)...we had a few minutes yesterday before heading out for the day, so we broke out the crayons and an envelope for Daniel to decorate. He was excited to have something different and he did enjoy the activity...for a brief few minutes. I thought it was cute to watch Daniel try to make marks on the paper- he used his left hand primarily (of course) or he had both hands on the crayon which is just too cute. He was studying the crayons, turning them around in his hands, trying to put the crayons on the paper, and looking at us with a smile of delight. He did try to put them in his mouth a couple times, and since he was in his high chair and he loves to drop things, he dropped them too. These are the real big chunky crayons- it says on the box "hard to break" and I thought that's what we need! All in all, it was a fun few minutes (more fun for me I think, he was marginally interested, but definitely curious) and I can't wait to try again another time...soon!

No comments: