Sunday, December 6, 2009

Holiday Magic at the Zoo








Braving the cold weather, we took Daniel to Holiday Magic at the zoo this evening. We'd been talking about going for weeks, got a snowsuit to bundle Daniel up in, and decided tonight was the night to go. We picked a good night- it was chilly, but not freezing, and it was not that busy at all- thankfully. We had a lot of fun and Daniel was a good sport. He looked so funny in his little snowsuit and he couldn't really move much in it I don't think, but I'm betting he was warm and cozy! He didn't seem to complain about the snowsuit too much really- and I was completely ready for him to hate it. The snowsuit was great though and fit perfectly- I'm glad we had it, because it really was chilly.

It was great fun to take Daniel back to the zoo again now that he's so much more aware and more curious about things around him. He was looking around so much tonight. I loved how he was pointing at animals (which I'm surprised he could do in his getup). He would even point and say "go" when he was ready to move on, and on we went. We saw quite a few animals- the monkeys were a big hit, the fish were lots of fun to follow, and the penguin swimming and darting among the fish kept surprising Daniel as he popped up fast each time, the bear was sleeping, and the tiger was just people watching. There were Christmas lights dancing everywhere and songs playing and even in that little snowsuit Daniel's feet would bop around when he heard the music and a smile would creep up his rosy cheeks. We were at the zoo for a couple hours and we really had a nice evening. And we topped it off with a visit to the new Portillo's in town- it was fun to check that out too. Daniel even got a hat which he just thought was the most fun of course!

No comments: