Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Career Possibilities

Daniel has been a very busy boy since Christmas, and really, since we got back from our trip. He's constantly on the go around the house, discovering new toys and rediscovering old ones. It's been a fun week so far. I thought it'd be fun to share a bunch of pictures of Daniel training and considering a few possibilities for his future career. What do you think? Note: some pics are pre-haircut, which I think is hilarious now. Also note: some jobs would be more ideal than others of course, but hey, a job's a job!

All in fun for now...Enjoy!

Basketball Player- Daniel's great at scoring baskets with his new sports center! He particularly loves the music and the cheering it does and will clap and dance along!


Model- Gotta love a half-naked baby in jeans and nothing on top! Too cute to pass up. We were trying on some new jeans and I couldn't resist the photo ops (I was tired of his other jeans falling off all the time! So I managed to score a few super cheap pairs that actually fit- yahoo!).


Barber- I LOVE Daniel's expression here; there's just something so sweet about it. And yes he actually brushes his hair, and even my hair, with the brush. Also, this is actually not a brush I use at all anymore so he's never seen me use it as such, but still he seems to know that's what it's for. Smart boy.


Builder/Architect
- Daniel's new activity of the week is stacking boxes and toys to make a tower. Until now, we were the ones always doing the building and he would of course knock them down, but all of a sudden yesterday he just started stacking those Christmas boxes he likes so much all by himself. I would lift him when he couldn't reach the top or he'd just put boxes next to other ones, which you can kind of see in the picture. I managed to RUN and get the camera, pose Daniel in front (well, not really- but it looks like I did, which would have been an amazing feat), and take a picture before he knocked this tower down. Super Mommy! Of course he's made several other towers since, but how was I supposed to know that?


Photographer- Daniel checks out his new toy camera, which is way cool. He's working on figuring out all that it can do. Just like a real photographer.


Housekeeper- Daniel just loves pushing around my Swiffer stick, and I thought, why not actually let him help for real? So I put a Swiffer sheet on it and let him have at it. I had to follow him around everywhere (and he really did walk everywhere with it!) because he's pretty unwieldy with the stick and it wobbles a lot on top and I don't want the stick hitting and breaking things. But it sure was fun to watch him and he did manage to pick up some dust for me! He found a broom in the basement, too- and that's a hit as well. We're onto something I think...perhaps he'll at least help clean the house when he's a little older. I can dream, can't I?!


Author- Daniel has fun playing with pens. This one has no ink left, but don't tell him that! And he sure has stories to tell, from all the talking he's doing these days! He now says "ga, ga, ga"- no idea what that means, but I'm betting the grandmas are hoping it's "grandma"!!!


Food Critic- Daniel sure digs into his food these days! He enjoys tasting new foods. He loves being in the kitchen. I think Food Critic or at least a Cook might be fun for him. This is Daniel after eating pasta for dinner tonight. He was very messy.


Interior Designer- Daniel likes to rearrange our chairs from time to time. He decided to move our barstools tonight. He moved one over, and then decided to move the other one, too. Clearly he had a plan in mind.


And then there's Magician- Take a look at what my little Houdini's doing...


And he's out! Yes, this shirt was a little big for Daniel, but he's worn it before and others like it, and never done this. We thought it was hilarious! He clearly wanted out of his shirt. OK then- Time for a bath!


I'm sure many other possibilities will come up, too...

BUT- for now, in the end, and everyday in between...Daniel will always be my adorable baby, even if he is grown up! So, Daniel, you decide what you want to be- just be happy with whatever you do and know that we love and support you no matter what!

No comments: