Thursday, January 21, 2010

Look What I Can Do!

Just a few of Daniel's latest accomplishments and other fun activities he does!


Daniel can help put the groceries away in the pantry. Note that he's pulling a bag of TWO 2 liter bottles behind him all the way into the pantry- that's my strong boy!


Daniel can go down the stairs on his belly. We're working really hard on this- he will still dive for the stairs or even try walk down them (actually, clever guy that he is, he once held onto the wall to walk down from one landing to the other landing- our stairs are u-shaped and have two landings in the middle- my heart about jumped into my throat, but he was smart to hang on), but with the prompt "on your belly", he will get down on his belly and scoot down backwards. He thinks this is fun, too!


Daniel can imitate Daddy- and does this quite often. Story behind this picture- we went to get Daniel up after his nap and he had taken his socks off; we asked him where they were and he immediately pointed behind his crib. (This isn't the first time he's done this- I need to learn my lesson here- take his socks off before the nap!) So Daddy used that handy dandy ruler Daniel likes to play with to fish the socks out. Actually this is the whole reason the ruler is up there in the first place- to fish out socks. Must learn lesson. Well, Daniel spent the next several minutes sticking the ruler under all his furniture just like Daddy. He will do this in the basement now, too, with other long objects, such as the toy sword he plays with down there.


Daniel can ask for help. I mentioned before that I was working on the sign for help (flat hand lifting fisted hand up) with Daniel and well, he's caught on quite quickly! He did modify it a little (he just holds his hands and shakes them up and down), but I sure know what he means. And he does this sign all the time now!

PS- Daniel also does the "more" sign all the time, too! And when we're out and about, people recognize it. It's so cute! I will say, however, that he "more-s" everything now! Ben says, why did we teach him that sign?!


Daniel can lift his penguin up high! This penguin is weighted on the bottom so you bop it and it bounces back. Daniel carries/drags/lifts this thing all over the place. And today he lifted it on top of this toy train. He was quite proud of himself.


Daniel can play peek-a-book. This isn't a new thing, I just couldn't resist sharing the adorable picture.


Daniel can fit under Daddy's workbench in the basement. Well, he can fit under a whole lot, considering how little he is, but again, I thought this was a cute picture. Daniel was putting the packing popcorn the holes on those shelves laying on the floor there and then he'd hold his hands out as if to say "where did it go?" That's a fairly new thing- the "where is it?" He especially does this if he's looking for Daddy.

Check out his feet in this picture, too. I was cleaning his drawers the other day, packing away things that don't fit him anymore. Somehow the sock drawer has gotten overlooked for quite some time- there were still newborn socks in there! Anyway, I rediscovered these dinosaur slippers and figured Daniel's feet are still small enough to fit them. So for our basement journey this afternoon, we both donned our slippers. Mine aren't as cute as his though!

No comments: