Sunday, January 24, 2010

i heart daddy




Daniel hearts his Daddy! I'm sure he hearts his mommy, too, but I'm not too sure I get quite this reaction when he can't find me or be with me (which is like hardly ever, anyway, since I'm always around other than the occasional errand, shopping trip, or movie).

Daniel hearts his Daddy so much that it's actually hard for Ben to get things done around the house since Daniel wants so much to be with Daddy, climbing up his legs, playing with whatever tool Daddy is trying to use, and so on. And believe me, I try everything to distract Daniel but I'm still not Daddy and that's hard to beat. He's a pretty determined little guy when it comes to Daddy and the way he melts for Daddy is just so heartbreaking. It's not easy when Daddy is busy- I'll tell you that much.

The first picture was just too cute to pass up- plus Daniel is wearing his "i heart daddy" outfit. He was quite delighted to be sitting in the chair- I've mentioned the novelty that chairs are for Daniel these days. In the next picture, Daniel is trying to look at Daddy (who is painting our basement stairway) through the cat hole- I love the way his head is tilted. Funny story about the cat hole- while Daddy was prepping for painting earlier in the day, Daniel actually tried to go in the cat hole- on his belly at least! This was the first time he's ever really tried to go in the cat hole. He got a leg in and of course we stopped it right there. Bummer I didn't have my camera, since it really was pretty funny. I got a kick out of the fact that he thought he could do it and I loved that he was going to do it the safe way- on his belly. That made me proud- at least it's sinking in that he has to go down stairs that way! And then, you can see how upset Daniel gets when he wants to be with Daddy in the last picture. Time for a distraction...

No comments: